Saturday, January 20, 2007

College Assistant Job Better Than Raiders Head Coach

I've heard it said that there isn't man alive who would turn down a head job.

But 32 year-old Steve Sarkisian would rather work as an assistant coach under Pete Carroll at USC than be the head coach for the NFL's Oakland Raiders under general partner/manager Al Davis.

This must be the diplomatic lie of the year:
"I thank them for their interest in me," Sarkisian said in a statement released by the university. "While the job was never offered to me, at this time in my career, I've told them I want to stay at USC. I strongly believe that the Raiders' job is a great opportunity for whomever their next head coach is going to be."

Evidently not. It is apparent nobody wants to work with Al Davis anymore. His track record the past four years is disastrous. It's too bad he can't be fired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home