Friday, January 12, 2007

Predictions by (Aikman's) Numbers

I weigh the play-off games based on the team's Aikman Efficiency Ratings and my own subjective assessments of the coaches and quarterbacks. Based on these, and the home field, I am making my predictions for the Divisional Play-offs. I include Home Edge because it has been significant in these games in the past. For coaching and quarterbacks, I put favored those with more experience and/or greater play-off success (though I give Manning the edge over McNair, because of Manning's perennial All-Pro status.)

Baltimore-Indianapolis

Bal Def v. Ind Offense: 93.6-93.58 (tie)
Bal Off v. Ind Defense: 73.9 -66.4 Edge: Bal
Home Edge: Bal
Play-off Coaching Edge: Bal
QB Edge: Ind
My Pick: Bal

San Diego - New England
SD Off v. NE Def: 93.57-85.9 Edge: SD 7.67
SD Def v. NE Off: 74.4 - 82.4 Edge: NE 8
Home Edge: SD
Play-off Coaching Edge: Patriots
QB Edge: Patriots
Pick: Patriots

New Orleans-Philadelphia
NO Off v Phil Def 83.8 -75.4 Edge: Saints (8.4)
NO Def v Phil Off 72.2 -83.3 Edge: Eagles (11.1)
Home Edge: NO
Play-off Coaching Edge: Phil
QB Edge: Phil (slight)
Pick: Eagles

Chicago-Seattle
Chi Off v Sea Def 74.2-72.3 Edge: Bears 1.9
Chi Def v Sea Off 86.5-74.5 Edge: Bears 12.0
Home Edge: Bears
Play-off Coaching Edge: Seattle
QB Edge: Seattle (significant)
Pick: Bears

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home